Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 plus makes Macbook Pro off

greetings ,

Today i put my new iphone habitually on my Macbook pro's Left side while i was watching movie with macbook and suddenly it turns off !!

at first i thought it's just kind of a Power snap but then i turned it on again it worked fine till i put my iPhone again on the left side of it ...

What kind of Product Quality this is apple ?!!!

My phone : iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 8:35 AM

Hi m-iphone,

I understand that when you place your iPhone on the left side of your MacBook Pro, the display turns off. I'm happy to help with this.

Check out the information in the following article, which should clarify what is happening:

Magnets in devices might cause your Mac notebook computer to sleep - Apple Support

Your MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro might go to sleep unexpectedly if a magnet is placed under your computer or on its palm rest. Here are a few ways this might happen:

Placing an iPhone, iPad, or magnetic device on your computer's palm rest. iPhone speakers and most iPad cases contain magnets.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 8:35 AM in response to m-iphone

Hi m-iphone,

I understand that when you place your iPhone on the left side of your MacBook Pro, the display turns off. I'm happy to help with this.

Check out the information in the following article, which should clarify what is happening:

Magnets in devices might cause your Mac notebook computer to sleep - Apple Support

Your MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro might go to sleep unexpectedly if a magnet is placed under your computer or on its palm rest. Here are a few ways this might happen:

Placing an iPhone, iPad, or magnetic device on your computer's palm rest. iPhone speakers and most iPad cases contain magnets.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

iPhone 8 plus makes Macbook Pro off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.