Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop internal HDD from being removable

I believe there should be some ways to do this, but I just can't find the right words for my search query.

Recently my MacBook Pro crashed in a complicated way. I swapped a broken HDD and the working SuperDrive with an SSD and a new HDD respectively during the repair.

The desktop shows me that I have two internal drives, which is correct. However, the context menu on the HDD (which is just a data drive and is in the place where SuperDrive used to be) has the option to eject the disk. I know I can mount it back using Disk Utility if I accidentally click this option but I don't want the eject option in the first place. Is there any flag I can set to remove that option, or is it just impossible?

I also realized that the drive in question does not have the 'eject' button in the Finder window like USB flash drives or any removable device do.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), mid 2012, 13 inch

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 12:50 AM

There are no replies.

Stop internal HDD from being removable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.