Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update to 11.2 killed my usb audio connection to my car

After updating to 11.2 my Iphone won’t accept my car (a Volvo v50) any more as an accessory. It’s showing the following error message:

“this accessory is not suitable for this iphone” Before the update everything was working fine. Any help/ideas?

Software version 11.2 (15C114)

IPhone 6 model A1586

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 1:00 AM

6 replies

Dec 15, 2017 1:12 PM in response to GerdoV

Hello GerdoV,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that after updating, you receive an error message when trying to connect your iPhone to your car using USB. I'm happy to help.

Please follow the steps below:
  1. Restart your iOS device and your car.
  2. Connect your iOS device to a different stereo USB port (if you have one).
  3. Try a different Lightning to USB cable.
  4. Update your iOS device.
  5. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.

Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, contact Apple Support.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

Have a wonderful day!

Jan 10, 2018 7:12 PM in response to sterling r

I am so unbelievably aggravated. My iPod touch worked perfectly yesterday. I did the upgrade to 11.2.2 (which turned out to be a downgrade) and now my touch doesn't support my USB connection to my stereo. Apple needs to stop this crud. Now I have an iPod touch that is useless. Thanks a lot Apple. not everyone can afford to get a newer car with Bluetooth and/or afford to upgrade their stereo every time Apple updates AND now I can't even roll it back? I have a hunk of metal that is useless.

update to 11.2 killed my usb audio connection to my car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.