Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This update wiped out all of our files- anyone have a solution to recovering these lost files

When I opened Final Cut Pro this morning, there was an update. It didn't ask if I wanted to update it just did it. It also wiped out all of my libraries and files. Does anyone know how to recover them. I still have the raw footage, but the works in progress are missing.

Final Cut Pro X, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 7:04 AM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2017 7:17 AM in response to Cavlady78632

First, go to App Store System Preferences and switch off automatic downloading. Automatic anything except checking for new versions.

Find the application in Applications. If it's been updated and the previous version gone, make sure you have a backup of the previous version on Time Machine or whatever you use.

Second, find your libraries on your system and back them up. Once they're backed up double-click the libraries. You'll get a dialogue asking if you want to update them. The application is not backwards compatible, so once updated, you cannot revert back to the previous version. That's way you should keep backs of libraries and the application of the previous version.

This update wiped out all of our files- anyone have a solution to recovering these lost files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.