Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why Apple would not sell me a pcie storage SSD

Why won’t they sell me the ram or the SSD PCIE OF THE TRASH CAN Mac Pro, when I go to the refurbish Apple store section they have my quad core Mac Pro with 16 gig of ram 512 of PCIE SSD but they won’t sell me or even put it in my machine when I know for sure they do have these parts in the Apple store why won’t they sell it, because it is upgradeable but they say they can’t and I know two Apple employees that work in Apple stores in the nyc area and they tell me they have those a parts

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 3:52 AM

1 reply

Dec 15, 2017 8:28 AM in response to Switch900

The parts you are talking about are proprietary, and Apple has decided not to provide parts or upgrades. If it breaks, they will replace like-for-like, no upgrades. (So the parts may be in stock, but they are not on any price list and cannot be sold individually).

You also cannot buy a replacement or upgraded graphics card or a fan assembly for that Mac. Apple does not sell these (as parts) either.

If you do not like that policy, I recommend you let Apple know through this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

why Apple would not sell me a pcie storage SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.