Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a problem with notifications from Facebook on my Apple watch

Hi. I have a problem with notifications from Facebook on my Apple watch series 2. I stoped notifications from watch app and i still receive notification on my watch. why ? I have an iphone 7 plus

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 3.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 4:48 AM

1 reply

Dec 15, 2017 4:56 AM in response to Zoticao

Hi

The following steps may help (check after each):

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

If you have not yet done so, install any available update for the Facebook app on your iPhone (via the App Store > Updates).

If you are not yet doing so, then you might wish to use these settings:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Passcode - turn on Wrist Detection.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Passcode > Turn Passcode on.
  • Also on the Passcode settings screen, enable Unlock with iPhone.
  • After putting it on your wrist, your Apple Watch will then unlock after whatever you do first: either unlocking your watch manually (by entering the passcode) or unlocking your iPhone. It will then remain unlocked (including when the screen is asleep) until you remove it from your wrist. When you remove your Apple Watch, it will lock automatically.

Close the Watch app (if open) on your iPhone and restart both devices (normally):

If the issue persists, then it may next help to unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

I have a problem with notifications from Facebook on my Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.