Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar sync hang-up iTunes/iPhone

This used to happen years ago and was fixable, but now, after iTunrs updated itself to 12, it again hangs when trying to sync calendars. I have tried the usual tricks of checking/unchecking the wifi and auto options, but nothing fixes it. All searches bring up threads from years ago. Is it a new bug and/or how do I fix. Thanks.

iPhone is 10.3.3, iTunes is now 12.7.2.58, El Capitan is 10.11.6

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 2:21 AM

1 reply

Dec 15, 2017 6:39 PM in response to TomBliss

Hey, TomBliss,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that you are having trouble syncing your calendar from your Mac to your iPhone using iTunes. I'm happy to help!

I see you've tried a few steps already. Since toggling Wi-Fi sync and auto sync off and back on haven't helped, I would recommend trying the following, testing the sync between each step:
  1. Try the steps under the "Get help" section here: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes using Wi-Fi - Apple Support
  2. Quit iTunes. You can do this by pressing Command+Q or selecting iTunes > Quit iTunes from the Apple  menu. Select the Apple  menu again and choose "Restart..." from the dropdown. Once the Mac is back on, open iTunes while holding shift.
  3. Try syncing in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support
  4. Try syncing in a test user: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support
Cheers.

Calendar sync hang-up iTunes/iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.