Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail

Mail keeps asking for a password. Where do i find my mail password? I found a password in keychain but mail won't accept this password.

VIN, iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), macOS Sierra (10.12.5), 2TB HDD 2xMercury Elite 2TB Externa

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 5:04 AM

11 replies

Dec 15, 2017 5:53 AM in response to pietrowiak

Hi Pietrowiak,

Did you realize that you have just given a solved answer to Kited Tim instead of John??? You really need to be careful to who you give helpful and correct answers, as there are points, awards and levels attached to it!

Maybe you should go through the following, as it will also help you one day:

Learn, share, and get awards in Apple Support Communities

Awards

Product Specialities

Happy reading and good luck!

Dec 15, 2017 5:08 AM in response to pietrowiak

If it won't accept the one in the keychain, it's most likely because the password has been overwritten and saved in keychain...

If company mail, e.g. webmail server ask your network administrator to reset your password, or if you have access to your cPanel, then reset the password emails...

If email accounts such as yahoo, google, then click the link forgot my password and get a password reset!

Let me know if helpful... Good luck...

Dec 15, 2017 5:57 AM in response to pietrowiak

Have you changed read and write permissions in home folder , guest , shared folders and did you changed date and time settings ( like set as incorrect continent , unchecked the box of set date and time automatically , in time zone set time zone automatically using current location , and unchecked enable location services in security and privacy .

Do you use iCloud Keychain , if any of these settings have been altered problems will arise in iCloud Keychain and login keychain , Mac user will not be able to save webmail ( could be gmail , yahoo or any ) and iCloud mail passwords in system preferences > internet accounts .

When you open system preferences and click on iCloud is the box of keychain unchecked , normally all setting are checked except Back to my Mac .

Do you have iCloud verification code with you that is unique for a Mac user .

And a very basic logic incorrect passwords will never be accepted .

Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.