Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I have a 2014 BMW 3 series and I am experiencing lagging issues through Bluetooth music streaming via my iPhone 7 Plus / Apple Music IOS 11.2.1

My phone is an iPhone 7 Plus running IOS 11.2.1

I had no issue when running IOS 10

Trouble shooting I have completed is as follows:

• deleting the Bluetooth connection to both the car and the phone

• deleted all music

• Hard reset the phone and network reset

• updated bmw software to the lastest version on the 4th December 2017

There is no issue when the USB Cable is connected to the car

<Re-Titled by Host>

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.1, null

Posted on

Dec 15, 2017 4:49 AM in response to danielfrombracken ridge In response to danielfrombracken ridge

You have already done the normal troubleshooting.

You might check with BMW as to whether the firmware version you are using has been certified to work on iOS 11.2.1 and, if so, whether there is in addition a certification for the iPhone 7 Plus.

Dec 15, 2017 4:49 AM

Reply Helpful

Jan 6, 2018 7:32 AM in response to danielfrombracken ridge In response to danielfrombracken ridge

My iPhone X and my gf’s iPhone 7 had been working flawlessly via Bluetooth on our Ford S-Max, until we updated to iOS 11.2.1. Connecting it is mostly ok, but the audio quality is really poor, with intermittent crackling noises, making the audio experience horrible.

I also have a Navdy head-up display that was working fine, but is now unable to connect after the update. So my bet is on an issue with iOS 11.2.1 that will hopefully be resolved soon.

Jan 6, 2018 7:32 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: danielfrombracken ridge

Question: I have a 2014 BMW 3 series and I am experiencing lagging issues through Bluetooth music streaming via my iPhone 7 Plus / Apple Music IOS 11.2.1