Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happed to a game I installed?

A while back, I had a game installed called 'Smooth Operators' by Heydeck Games, It is currently available on steam but I purchased it on the App Store. It suddenly stop working, so when I tried to find it on the app store to reinstall it, I couldn't find it, and I still can't. I don't know if it is region-locked (I am in Australia) or device-locked (iPod Touch), but I can't find anything about it being removed, I payed money for it and would simply like to know what happened.

Another note, it did happen a while ago so something could of happened but if anyone can help that would be great.

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 4:52 AM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2017 11:02 AM in response to HUNGRYBOY40

If you own an 6th gen iPod Touch and If you purchased this game app some time ago, and just recently upgraded your iPod Touch to iOS 11, the game may no longer function.

Older apps are 32-bit coded apps and the ALL NEW iOS 11 is an all 64-bit coded operating system that is no longer compatible or supports older 32-bit apps.

So, older 32-bit coded apps will stop working on iOS 11.

If the app has been removed (most likely by Apple) this means that app was a 32-bit app that had not been updated in 3+ years, or more and the developer stopped supporting the game app on iOS some time, ago, or simply abandoned its development.

If you can still find the developer’s website, and the have a contact web page, you could try reaching out to the developer to see if they have any plans of updating the app for iOS and for playing on iOS 11.

Good Luck to You!

What happed to a game I installed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.