Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: If Logic Pro for Mac isn't working

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I revert back to Logic Pro 10.3.2?

I updated to 10.3.3 and now the CPU usage is through the roof and I cannot recored without loud pops and cracks. I want to go back to the previous version.

How do I do that?

Logic Pro X, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 11:12 PM

Whenever you an update an app through the App Store for any mission-critical app that you depend on, consider the following steps:

• First copy the app from the Applications Folder to a different location and rename it by adding the version number "Logic Pro X v10.3.2"
  • If you super paranoid, then run the schedule backup for your drive (clone) before up update. In the worst case scenario, where the update messes up stuff on your drive, you have a fallback solution.
  • After the update, check the app in the Applications folder to make sure that you updated that app, and your OS disn't catches any other application file that might float around on your hard drive.
  • Try the new app for a while and whenever you experience something weird, try the same procedure with the previous app.
  • Don't start a new Project with the new app before you are sure that everything is fine. Saving a Project with the new app might have problems when you try opening it with an earlier Project.
  • Check the various Logic forums to see if other users stumble over issues that you haven't discovered.

Hope that helps

EdgarRothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 11:12 PM in response to noa343

Whenever you an update an app through the App Store for any mission-critical app that you depend on, consider the following steps:

• First copy the app from the Applications Folder to a different location and rename it by adding the version number "Logic Pro X v10.3.2"
  • If you super paranoid, then run the schedule backup for your drive (clone) before up update. In the worst case scenario, where the update messes up stuff on your drive, you have a fallback solution.
  • After the update, check the app in the Applications folder to make sure that you updated that app, and your OS disn't catches any other application file that might float around on your hard drive.
  • Try the new app for a while and whenever you experience something weird, try the same procedure with the previous app.
  • Don't start a new Project with the new app before you are sure that everything is fine. Saving a Project with the new app might have problems when you try opening it with an earlier Project.
  • Check the various Logic forums to see if other users stumble over issues that you haven't discovered.

Hope that helps

EdgarRothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Dec 15, 2017 11:10 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

This was very helpful, thanks.

I will follow these procedures in the future.

It is really stupid for Apple not to have the previous version available to download. I can’t see a good reason not to, but maybe there is. It completely destroyed my session today, but thanks to Reaper, we did some different music until I get a fix.

Reaper has ALWAYS been stable and I hope they take over in the DAW community. PT is a pain and now Logic has been very buggy and crazy for a while now. Too bad.

I have a new computer (MacBook Pro maxed out). Sierra. I’m only using four tracks. Geez! At times the CPU spikes go away but they come back if I do things like panning, put on effects...etc

Then, I go to the buffer and just change the settings about three times. It doesn’t matter what I change it to. But eventually it snaps back and I can resume., ending up at the same buffer I started with. Other times, it just starts popping and clicking out of the blue. One time, a restart fixed it. Other times, erasing plugs and redoing them fixed it. Or messsing with the buffer.

Finding the fix took me all day. Boo

I also notice that having effects on the master buss or effects bussing in general will make the CPU freak out in this version.

Anyone else have these problems?

Thanks.

How do I revert back to Logic Pro 10.3.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.