Related Article

Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Sunset and Sunrise Reminders

It'd be helpful, since the iPhone is already programmed with Night Shift (which knows local times for sunrise and sunset), if Reminders could remind me (on two different Reminders), to turn my porch light ON each day at sunset and turn it OFF each day at sunrise. Seems to me that this feature would be quite easy to add in.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 15, 2017 1:35 PM in response to mkwrnck In response to mkwrnck

mkwrnck wrote:

On the Apple page: Product Feedback - Apple , there is no specific listing for Reminders. I have been directed in different directions by Apple Care and its Senior Advisors. Can you suggest specifically how to get this idea to a capable decision maker?

Just use iPhone or iOS. Reminders is built in so that's fine. As long as you make sure to explain what it is you're asking for in the text, they will understand.

Best of luck.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 15, 2017 1:38 PM in response to mkwrnck In response to mkwrnck

Sounds like an excellent suggestion. However, this is a user-to-user forum and no one here (with VERY limited exceptions) works for Apple. I suggest you make this idea known to Apple directly:

Product Feedback - Apple

Dec 15, 2017 1:38 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Dec 15, 2017 11:15 AM in response to IdrisSeabright In response to IdrisSeabright

Will need to investigate whether Home can do this with outdoor lights. But I thought of this because I've bought some outdoor light sockets with a built-in photo sensor that would do this automatically, but they seem to last only one season in Michigan's cold winters.

Dec 15, 2017 11:15 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 15, 2017 11:17 AM in response to javaliga In response to javaliga

On the Apple page: Product Feedback - Apple , there is no specific listing for Reminders. I have been directed in different directions by Apple Care and its Senior Advisors. Can you suggest specifically how to get this idea to a capable decision maker?

Dec 15, 2017 11:17 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 15, 2017 1:35 PM in response to mkwrnck In response to mkwrnck

mkwrnck wrote:

Just use iPhone or iOS. Reminders is built in so that's fine. As long as you make sure to explain what it is you're asking for in the text, they will understand.

Best of luck.

Dec 15, 2017 1:35 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: mkwrnck

Question: Sunset and Sunrise Reminders