Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access items that are stored in my iCloud account

This is the steps I’ve been taking to try to access items I.e., text messages, photos, etc.. I go to SETTINGS...then iCLOUD...once I do that my iCLOUD account is shown...I’ve tried going to iCLOUD DRIVE under my iCLOUD tab in settings...I tap iCLOUD DRIVE and it takes me to an info page about what is backed up in the iCLOUD DRIVE, but it doesn’t appear this info can be accessed either...I’ve tried clicking the MESSAGES TAB in my iCLOUD account and that just takes me to a page in which you set up your iMESSAGE account i.e., TURN ON/OFF: iMESSAGE, SHOW CONTACT PHOTO, SEND READ RECEIPTS, etc I JUST NEED TO LNOW HOW I CAN ACCESS ITEMS STORES IN MY ICLOUD ACCOUNT

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 8:27 AM

You cannot access the contents of an iCloud backup. The only thing you can do with a backup is use it to restore or setup an iOS device.

Other data via synced (rather than backed up) to iCloud via Settings > [username] > iCloud > (Contacts, Notes, iCloud Photo Library, etc) are accessed through the respective apps on the phone (e.g., the Contacts app, the Photos app, etc). The synced data can also be accessed by using a computer to log in to www.icloud.com.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 8:27 AM in response to AubGul82

You cannot access the contents of an iCloud backup. The only thing you can do with a backup is use it to restore or setup an iOS device.

Other data via synced (rather than backed up) to iCloud via Settings > [username] > iCloud > (Contacts, Notes, iCloud Photo Library, etc) are accessed through the respective apps on the phone (e.g., the Contacts app, the Photos app, etc). The synced data can also be accessed by using a computer to log in to www.icloud.com.

How do I access items that are stored in my iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.