Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will ios11 ever be available on iPhone 4

is there any possible way to get ios11 or at least ios10 on a phone 4 really would like it because my Samsung broke and now i am using a outdated iPhone 4 with ios7.1.2 and i cant get any apps that i need because ios10 is not available on iPhone and i would like it if there was some way to be able to get the apps or some way to upgrade the iPhone 4 to ios10

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2, please help

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 8:05 AM

Again, the hardware on your phone is simply not capable of running iOS 11. The core processor in your phone won't work with it, under ANY condition. So no, there is no way. If you want to take advantage of iOS 11, get a newer phone capable of running it.

9 replies

Dec 15, 2017 8:31 AM in response to 1641337

1641337 wrote:

i know this but there's always a way and is apple they could if they wanted to

No there is not for one very simple reason. The Apple A4 processor in an iPhone 4 is a 32-bit processor. It is literally physically incapable of running the purely 64-bit iOS 11 operating system code. There is no software trick to overcome basic physical hardware limitations.

will ios11 ever be available on iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.