Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Menu Bar doesnt show up randomly in auto-hide mode.

Hi,

My OS version is Mac High Sierra 10.13.2.

I am using 'auto-hide menu bar' option.

Menu bar is not showing up randomly when I switch windows or apps.

Whenever I want to view the menu bar, I have to switch different windows.

After switching several windows, it shows up randomly.

(This problem exists in all types of windows or apps)

Please give me some suggestions to fix this problem

Thanks in advance,

Jay

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.5), Magsafe 2 Power Adapter

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 6:20 AM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2017 6:43 PM in response to WeAreStardust

Hi WeAreStardust,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that while you have the Automatically Hide and Show Menu Bar option selected, the menu bar will not appear properly when using an app, you have to change windows in order to see the menu bar and after this it will show up at random. I know it's important for your settings to work as you expect them to and I'd like to help. I'd recommend using these steps to start your Mac in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

In safe mode, test to see if you experience the same behavior with the menu bar. If not, restart normally and test again.

If the issue persists, use these steps to test for this behavior in another user: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac
Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

Menu Bar doesnt show up randomly in auto-hide mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.