Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import 4K videos recorded on iPhone 8 into Photos app on Mac?

I am having problems importing 4K videos on my iPhone 8 into Photos app, coming from iPhone 5 I was able to import all videos and photos, anyone having the same problem and able to resolve it?

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 8:14 AM

I just tested the 4K video on my iPhone X (4K @ 30FPS) and while it did take a while to upload - on a very fast Wifi connection - it did show up as soon as the upload was completed on the iPhone in Photos on my iMac. I don't believe that the iPhone 5 was capable of 4K. Have you tried changing the Video settings on the 8 (Settings/Camera/Record Video to something of a lower quality and see if the issue still exists?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 8:14 AM in response to foo0110

I just tested the 4K video on my iPhone X (4K @ 30FPS) and while it did take a while to upload - on a very fast Wifi connection - it did show up as soon as the upload was completed on the iPhone in Photos on my iMac. I don't believe that the iPhone 5 was capable of 4K. Have you tried changing the Video settings on the 8 (Settings/Camera/Record Video to something of a lower quality and see if the issue still exists?

How to import 4K videos recorded on iPhone 8 into Photos app on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.