Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Slingplayer not working on High Sierra

Anyone actually get this to work? I have a new slingplayer because my old one was flooded 4 months ago. Just got it up and running. Slingplayer (at newwatch.slingplayer. com) worked on my laptop running Sierra, but not on my iMac running High Sierra.

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

It may need an update. You can call and ask… 1-877-GO-SLING.

Posted on

Dec 16, 2017 3:28 AM in response to dialabrain In response to dialabrain

Do you mean an update to the plug-in? Or an update to the slingbox firmware?

One thing I wanted to try was to disable/remove the Slingbox plug-in for Firefox and redownload is, but no matter what I do, it won't go away.

Funny, too. It works just fine on my MacBook Air with High Sierra, but not on the iMac.

Dec 16, 2017 3:28 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 16, 2017 3:43 AM in response to SteveShapiro In response to SteveShapiro

Actually I meant you should contact Slingbox since it's not an Apple product. However, if it works fine on your MBA with High Sierra then it would seem you have something installed on your iMac which is preventing it from working correctly that's not installed on your MBA.

Dec 16, 2017 3:43 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: SteveShapiro

Question: Slingplayer not working on High Sierra