Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7Plus experiencing "Call Failed" on Airtel Nnetwork

Hi,

I am using Iphone 7Plus on Airtel network and have been experiencing a lot of call drops lately. When I try to call someone, the call drops off before even connecting or sometimes it drops in middle of a call and I get a pop up saying "Call Failed" post which it returns to home screen. I have also received multiple complaints from people who try to call me, that they don't hear any ringtone and are unable to reach me on multiple occasions.

I have replaced my Airtel sim thinking that the sim could be the culprit. Unfortunately the problem still exists.

I am now assuming it to be some serious issue with the Apple hardware so don't know how to proceed with contacting Apple and reporting this.

I purchased the phone in July 2017 from one of the retail stores in Dubai.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 7:18 AM

5 replies

Dec 15, 2017 7:37 AM in response to mbaddi

Dropped calls are normally an issue with either the carrier's network or an account provisioning problem.

You should first contact your carrier and discuss whether there are any network issues affecting your service and if not to have your account reprovisioned.

In order to test hardware on your phone, it would be helpful if you have an unlocked phone, to try a sim from a different carrier and see if there are similar issues. You could also try your sim in a different phone and see if there are any problems. Either approach would help identify the cause of the problem.

Dec 15, 2017 8:36 AM in response to mbaddi

You will find that you will have an incredibly difficult time having it serviced or replaced in India. iPhones do not and have never had an "international warranty". Though it is sometimes possible to have a phone serviced or replaced in a country other than where it was sold, that is the exception, not the rule.

Search these forums for the word "India". Virtually every hit will be someone who is complaining of service being refused for a phone they bought elsewhere. The remainder are people asking if they can have the phone they bought in another country serviced in India.

Iphone 7Plus experiencing "Call Failed" on Airtel Nnetwork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.