Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hapic feedback bug? (iPhone X iOS 11.2)

Last night I swiped up to the app switcher and the haptic feedback seemed different, maybe a stronger, and I heard a strange noise with it. Hard to explain but almost like a squeak. It happened a couple of times and was clear that it was somehow malfunctioning.

After that haptic feedback has been much weaker and softer, working but barely noticeable. Not just on swiping up, but setting toggle switches etc too.

Sometimes other times the haptic feedback seems normal, so I hope it’s just a weird software bug. Either that, or there are more than one vibration generating components inside, and some but not all are failing?

Are there any know issues?

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 9:21 AM

1 reply

Dec 27, 2017 5:19 PM in response to DangerousDom

I have this problem as well. I have determined that when invoking these gestures, the phone makes a sound from the speaker instead of using the Taptic Engine. Turning the phone to silent makes the phone use the Taptic Engine instead of the speakers. Either it was a conscious decision by Apple or it is a bug. If you would like, you can report this to Apple. https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Hapic feedback bug? (iPhone X iOS 11.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.