Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to access my full resolution photos in my photos library?

Hi,

my photos library seems to show pictures in a completely random resolution. I have taken holiday photos with my iPhone 6s and in the same album one photo is full resolution (4.3MB) and the next is stored in a low resolution (200kb)? There seems to be no obvious way how to access the full resolution from each of them?

I have 'optimise my storage' switched on, but I always assumed that it would download the high resolution image when I click on the photo. This doesn't seem to happen. It is the same on all my devices (iPhone, macbook pro, mac mini) so I guess it must have something to do with the iCloud syncing.

I only noticed this now at Christmas time, when I want to show pictures to my family. I have thousands of pictures going many years back and now many of them are only in a low resolution. Very frustrating!

How can I access my full resolution pictures?

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 8:11 AM

3 replies

Dec 15, 2017 12:39 PM in response to Chris_U

It sounds to me like sometime in the past you have done something that replaced your originals with low resolution photos - have you every run CleanMyMac or similar cleanup software to reduce storage requirements? HINT - Never use clean up software as it is not needed and often destroys your Photos library

Try downloading one of these problem photos from iCLoud.com and see what the dimensions are there - that is the man source for the photo

LN

How to access my full resolution photos in my photos library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.