Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to see progress of app restoration

Just restored my iPad I'm replacing to my new iPad via Apple Configurator, but it's still missing a ton of apps. I'm properly logged in to the iPad with my apple id, and i see after restarting the iPad once it has put some of the apps and app groups on the home screen back, but not all of them. I'm assuming that's because it's still downloading or sorting through stuff in the background. how can i tell how much longer it will take or if it's even still working in the background? the restore said it was successful but i guess that doesn't instantly restore everything.

The other thing I should mention, is not even all my apps but with grayed out icons or even the app groups are on the home screen yet, but perhaps that is because a single app within that group hasn't downloaded yet, and those will show up once one app does download again?

Message was edited by: rjo98

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 8:12 AM

There are no replies.

How to see progress of app restoration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.