Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help retrieve lost info to new phone

I lost my iphone6+, and last I remembered it was updated to 10.3 something. On my iPhone6+ I have all my apps, photos that’s very important to me (my life) notes and messages and anything I can think of. Now I have an iPhone 8+, and when I tried to sign in with my old email and password, it only gave me to restore to Jan 1, 2017 or Jan 4 2017. And the oldest is from last year dec. nov. sept 2016... my question is how do I restore my new iPhone to at least aug 2017 or sept 2017 or oct 2017 or nov2017?. Basically restore my phone this year not last year or Jan of this year?

Also note this, when I got the iphone6+ 64gb, i Used to have an iPhone 6+ 16gb. And just transferred everything to my new 64gb phone as if I never changed a phone. Now that I have An 8 why couldn’t I just do that?

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 9:23 AM

You can only restore the most recent data you have backed up in iCloud or iTunes. If your most recent backup is only from Jan. then there is nothing else to restore.

Did you have automatic iCloud backups enabled? Did you make regular iTunes or iCloud backups since January of this year? If not, then your data does not exist anywhere but on your lost device.

Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 9:23 AM in response to Qhuinnemabb

You can only restore the most recent data you have backed up in iCloud or iTunes. If your most recent backup is only from Jan. then there is nothing else to restore.

Did you have automatic iCloud backups enabled? Did you make regular iTunes or iCloud backups since January of this year? If not, then your data does not exist anywhere but on your lost device.

Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Help retrieve lost info to new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.