Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X 10.4 Color Correction slow/laggy

Since the update to 10.4 last night, my color correction adjustments are now very slow and laggy.. I'm using the old-style color/exposure/saturation sliders and from the time i click a slider and drag it up/down it takes 1-2 seconds before it actually moves.

Using a 21.5 inch Late 2015 iMac, 16GB RAM and SSD (although the library is on an external drive).

Is anyone else seeing this and/or have any tips to make it work as it should?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12.1), 16GB RAM, SSD HDD

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 3:22 PM

Fixed!

I followed the steps to clear the FCP caches folder from another post here and this seems to have resolved the lag i was seeing in the Color Correction panel and other places. Hopefully this will help others.

1.Click Finder

2. On the top bar click 'GO'

3. In the drop down menu click 'go to folder'

4. When the type Bar appears, type in ~/Library/Caches

5. Find the com.apple.FinalCut folder

6. Double click it and clear out the entire folder **NB. DO NOT DELETE THE ACTUAL FOLDER, JUST THE ENTIRE CONTENTS SO THAT IT'S EMPTY**

7. Empty your trash to clear it off your computer

8. Restart your computer to create a brand spanking new FCPX cache..

That should be you all sorted and please let me know if it works!

Again, DO NOT DELETE THE FOLDER.. Just the contents

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 3:22 PM in response to RandyBrown

Fixed!

I followed the steps to clear the FCP caches folder from another post here and this seems to have resolved the lag i was seeing in the Color Correction panel and other places. Hopefully this will help others.

1.Click Finder

2. On the top bar click 'GO'

3. In the drop down menu click 'go to folder'

4. When the type Bar appears, type in ~/Library/Caches

5. Find the com.apple.FinalCut folder

6. Double click it and clear out the entire folder **NB. DO NOT DELETE THE ACTUAL FOLDER, JUST THE ENTIRE CONTENTS SO THAT IT'S EMPTY**

7. Empty your trash to clear it off your computer

8. Restart your computer to create a brand spanking new FCPX cache..

That should be you all sorted and please let me know if it works!

Again, DO NOT DELETE THE FOLDER.. Just the contents

Dec 17, 2017 12:54 PM in response to RandyBrown

Unfortunatly, this issue came back after working on a couple of different projects for a few hours. Now, even after deleting the cache-files, using the Color Board is slow/laggy again - deleting the cache now does nothing and it takes 1-2 seconds from the time that I click on a control until i can actually move it up or down.

This is issue never occurred until immediately after upgrading to 10.4.. This renders Final Cut almost useless.

FCP X 10.4 Color Correction slow/laggy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.