Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Unable To Download" .ICS file into iOS 11

I am currently using an iPhone 7. iOS version 11.2.1

The app I use for email is the native "Mail" app in iPhone with a gmail account. Same with Calendar. At work, I have a rule that sends all meeting invites from my work Exchange account to my personal email account, for the sole purpose that I can view upcoming work meetings from my personal phone.

The forwarding process works fine. I get all the invites on my phone. When I try to download the .ICS file attached to the invite, I cannot. "Unable to download" is the message I receive. I am unable to add the meeting to my calendar. When I'm on my desktop, log into my gmail account, and find the same forwarded invite, I can accept the invite without issue.

I'm not doing something the right way. I've reviewed the various forums, and I can't find someone sharing the same issue.

I will provide any additional information I've missed.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 9:29 AM

I appreciate the response, but the available discussions do not assist in this specific regard. I cannot get ANY forwarded invites to my iPhone calendar. I'm getting the message "Unable to download".

4 replies

Jan 7, 2018 11:39 PM in response to jason2225

I‘m having this issue, too, from way before iOS 11.x.

Can someone from Apple please fix this or show us a workaround?

I‘d like to open an event invitation from Outlook or anywhere really since it’s an industry standard ics event file.

I get the Email with the attachment and it even tells me the correct subject, but I cannot download.

"Unable To Download" .ICS file into iOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.