Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hey Siri function allows anyone to operate?

Just tested two iPhone, one 7 another 6s both had the ‘hey siri’ function enabled. The voiceacti ation can enable Siri with anyone’s voice? The iPhone 6s happened when someone on the tv said ‘hey siri’? My friend and I have very diffe rent voice and yet managed to activate Siri on each other’s phone? The voice detect wh setting it up is a waste of time. I have nowturned off Siri and there is a really security issue with this function. Both updated to iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 1:51 AM

Settings -> Siri & Search -> allow Siri when locked = OFF

However, if you have Hey Siri enabled, and the device screen is unlocked, then yes, "Hey Siri" doesn't care who issues the command. Siri has always been voice agnostic - it is not trained to respond to one persons voice.

4 replies

Dec 17, 2017 5:57 AM in response to kitt20

Siri has never offered any security like that. It does not learn or is not set to recognize a specific person’s voice. It recognizes any, and every human voice. It always has worked that way.

The security is on the device itself. If you use a screen lock password and/or fingerprint or FaceID then only you can unlock the device to use it or allow others use of it.

You can also disable Siri altogether if you wish to.

Hey Siri function allows anyone to operate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.