Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iCloud malnction

I set up iCloud on my wife's Macbook Air and now all my important files are on her computer and her files are on my desktop. How can I restore my files to my computer and keep the two computers separate? This is incredibly annoying and as an amateur author I was in danger of losing 15 completed novels and miscellaneous other documents.

Please consider this urgent. Thank you

Randall Moore

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 15, 2017 2:59 PM in response to Eric Root In response to Eric Root

This didn't really help. I created a new Apple ID by iCloud says it's not the primary account and I can't use it to keep the two separate computers independent of each other.

Having a computer that is mine to use and a computer that is hers to use is extremely important. If I'd known that the repercussion of signing up my wife's computer to a separate iCloud account would have created the current situation where each of our computers has all of each others files I never would have activated it.

Extremely disappointed.

Dec 15, 2017 2:59 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Dec 16, 2017 10:54 AM in response to Falco Diva In response to Falco Diva

Again all you have to do is sign our of iCloud on her computer(system preferences ==> iCloud) and sign in with her (a different) Apple ID - there is no "iCloud account" - you use iCloud with an Apple ID - sign in with different apple IDs on each computer

LN

Dec 16, 2017 10:54 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Dec 16, 2017 10:54 AM in response to LarryHN In response to LarryHN

This finally helped resolve my problem. It's a good thing I made a copy of each separate desktop because my wife's discreet documents disappeared when I signed in with her new Apple ID. Her computer thought it was mine and that is why both machines were mirrors of each other.

Thank you for your help

Dec 16, 2017 10:54 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Falco Diva

Question: iCloud malnction