Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular for Apple Watch Series 3

I have a series 3 Watch but I do not have cellular listed under the My Watch tab. Help? My watch never gave me a prompt to set up cellular and now I cannot find a way to set it up.

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 5:25 AM

Hi

The built-in cellular feature is only available on Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) models. It is not available on Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS):

To check your Apple Watch model - along with its service and support coverage - enter the serial number here:

If you have bought the wrong model by accident, then, subject to the seller's return policy, you may wish to consider returning it for a refund / exchange. For products that have been purchased directly from Apple, Apple's return policy in the US, for example, is detailed here, along with instructions:

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 5:25 AM in response to AMStrickland

Hi

The built-in cellular feature is only available on Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) models. It is not available on Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS):

To check your Apple Watch model - along with its service and support coverage - enter the serial number here:

If you have bought the wrong model by accident, then, subject to the seller's return policy, you may wish to consider returning it for a refund / exchange. For products that have been purchased directly from Apple, Apple's return policy in the US, for example, is detailed here, along with instructions:

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

Dec 16, 2017 5:30 AM in response to AMStrickland

You're welcome!

Be sure to explore your return options, if you would prefer to have the cellular model.

Keep in mind that an iPhone 6 or newer model of iPhone is required, running the latest version of iOS:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also note that, in order to be able to use the built-in cellular feature on Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), you will need a compatible service plan for your iPhone that specifically includes support for the Apple Watch, including the carrier activating the watch on the plan:

If preferred, Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) can instead be paired, set up and used for other features whilst skipping the steps to activate cellular. It will then function like a GPS-only model.

Other differences between Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) models and Series 3 (GPS) models include that (GPS + Cellular) models:

• Have double the storage capacity of GPS-only models.
  • Have a ceramic back (instead of a composite back).
  • Are compatible with Apple's recently announced AirPower wireless charging mat, which is due to be released next year:

AirPower mat

• Include options for Stainless Steel and Space Black Stainless Steel cases (all GPS-only models are aluminium).
  • Stainless Steel and Ceramic (Edition) case models have a sapphire crystal, which is more scratch resistant than Ion-X Glass.

Cellular for Apple Watch Series 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.