Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID not recognised after ssd installation

Hi,

Today the old hard drive of my otherwise trustworthy Macbook Pro (first half 2011) has been replaced with an SSD. Lion was installed through Recovery. However, to install High Sierra I have to first install El Capitan, which requires me to login with my Apple ID to the App Store. Here comes the weird stuff: when trying to login, I get the warning that the AppleID or the password is not recognised. Weird, because it works perfectly on appleid.apple.com, and even stranger: I do get a verification code sent via SMS!!! Anyone know what's going on here? Thanks in advance!

Bas

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 10:16 AM

I solved the problem by actually making a bootable USB stick containing El Capitan. After installation my Apple ID started working again, and I could upgrade to High Sierra without a problem. As to why the Apple ID started working I can only guess, though.

4 replies

Apple ID not recognised after ssd installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.