Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoneX camera app frozen.

Last night after successfully taking a picture with my iPhoneX and shutting down, then a fewe minutes latter turning it on again and selecting the camera icon I get a black screen with no image and the shutter release button centered on the screen with the various types of pictures listed across the screen above it. Push the shutter button and nothing happens. Scroll around and it doesn't move the image, except if I scroll up to switch to main screen which will turn off the image.

How can I fix this?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 12:23 PM

johnfromcanaan wrote:

Last night after successfully taking a picture with my iPhoneX and shutting down, then a fewe minutes latter turning it on again and selecting the camera icon I get a black screen with no image and the shutter release button centered on the screen with the various types of pictures listed across the screen above it. Push the shutter button and nothing happens. Scroll around and it doesn't move the image, except if I scroll up to switch to main screen which will turn off the image.

How can I fix this?

restart your phone, if that doesn't work do the force restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 12:23 PM in response to johnfromcanaan

johnfromcanaan wrote:

How can I fix this?

restart your phone, if that doesn't work do the force restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iPhoneX camera app frozen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.