Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

use bicycle outdoor training app

I wanted to understand why using my i Watch with the training app in particular riding a bike outdoor does not track my route in the activity summary. Do I have any settings in the phone to be fixed?

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 10:43 AM

1 reply

Dec 16, 2017 3:48 AM in response to alfano

Hi

Apple Watch Series 2 and Series 3 models can be used to record outdoor cycling workouts without needing to take the paired iPhone along. For other models, your iPhone should also be taken along, with Location Services enabled.

Be sure to record workouts as Outdoor Cycle using the built-in Workout app (or a third-party app that shares data to Health):

Once your workout results have synced to your iPhone after your workout, your route map can be viewed via the Activity app on your iPhone:

On your iPhone, in the Activity app, go to: Workouts (tab) > tap on the workout to view the summary > tap on the route map thumbnail at the bottom to view a larger version.

To benefit from this feature, be sure to check that Location Services are enabled:

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services:

• Check that Location Services (the main setting at the top) is turned on.
  • In the list of apps beneath, check that Apple Watch Workout is set to While Using.
  • Also enable options under System Services including Motion Calibration & Distance, Wi-Fi Networking and Mobile Network Search.

use bicycle outdoor training app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.