Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Message Pop Up

Today I received a pop-up message in my text message that said, "send money with apple pay". I could not close the message or delete it. I turned off apple pay and turned off the credit card. Then I went back and hit the continue button and the message went away. Does anyone know if this is a phishing scam?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 11:48 AM

Hi

maybe, it is possible for anyone to send a request for money now. but if it was an SMS message closing the massage app should have got rid of it

NOTE: If you find a popup controlling your screen and not allowing to exit. double tap the home button and slide up on the app you want to close, works every time

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 11:48 AM in response to dennisfromlodi

Hi

maybe, it is possible for anyone to send a request for money now. but if it was an SMS message closing the massage app should have got rid of it

NOTE: If you find a popup controlling your screen and not allowing to exit. double tap the home button and slide up on the app you want to close, works every time

Dec 22, 2017 3:16 PM in response to hercules-king

This pop up is tenacious- I have reset my phone and its back, popping up on my texts, so I assume it got onto my cloud update 😟

As soon as I get a text notification, I press the text bubble and never even get to read my texts, this pops up immediately. I can do the double tap and slide up, i know that but as soon as I press the text bubble it appears again.

WTH????

Text Message Pop Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.