Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay from iPhone X to Apple TV 4K stutters

Hello,

I have a problem with AirPlay-ing video content, from iPhone X to Apple TV 4K.

I am referring to video clips filmed by me and trying to stream them from Camera Roll in Photos.

I've tried different resolutions and the problem persists.

I thought the video itself it's the problem, but once exported on a PC it's ok.

I thought the Apple TV is the problem but using the same settings on an iPad Pro, is streams perfectly.

Please help with this situation.

Thank you.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 10:56 AM

4 replies

Dec 16, 2017 8:02 AM in response to floring83

Hello floring83,

Thank you for isomer Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are having issues with sharing content from your iPhone X to your Apple TV via Airplay. Exactly what is happening when you try to share content? Take a look at this support article and see if the suggestions there help:

Get help with AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If this doesn't help, then a bit more information on exactly what is happening when you try to share will help us sort things out.

Best regards.

Dec 16, 2017 8:44 AM in response to raina_b22

Hello Becky,

The article did’t help as it is not a Apple TV, nor a network issue.

This is what happenes: I activate Screen Mirroring, it connects to the TV, I can browse everything.

When I try to play a video it goes full screen on the TV but the image stutters.

I’ve sent the same video to my iPad, mirrored it on the TV and in played smooth, normal.

Thank you,

Florin

Airplay from iPhone X to Apple TV 4K stutters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.