Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t restart in Windows 10 after boot camp install

I installed Windows 10 via boot camp on my MacBook Pro (2017 model). The install went fine, it rebooted into Windows (showed the Windows logo), and had setup assistant on the bottom of the screen. It then rebooted back into Mac OS and there was a boot camp disk image on the desktop.

if I try to restart in Windows, I’m only given the option of the Mac OS. I have no idea what I’ve done wrong but would appreciate any suggestions.

i am running current Mac OS and I downloaded and installed the 64 bit version of Windows 10.

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 11:31 AM

9 replies

Dec 16, 2017 3:10 PM in response to Loner T

I had deleted the partition and reinstalled it without the external drive mounted and there was no difference.

After reading your comment, I tried it again and it finally worked! Thank you so much for the suggestion as evidently I goofed up somehow but at least everything is now installed and functioning.

Much thanks for your time!

Can’t restart in Windows 10 after boot camp install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.