Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iTunes not letting me download previous purchases

I can see my list of purchased movies, but no "cloud" symbol by those I wish to re-download and when I search the store for movies I have purchased, it only has "purchase" as an option where it should say "download" ... if I click on purchase it DOES tell me I already bought the movie but nowhere can I find an option to download!!!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 12:00 PM

5 replies

Dec 17, 2017 8:24 AM in response to Bogs22

Same issue here. Outrageously, it seems Apple don't care about customers enjoying their purchased movies on the Mac. I left a feedback on Apple Product Feedback - everybody let your voice heard too!

On the Mac, cannot download or view previously purchased Movies.

Broken feature.

Family Sharing is activated. In iTunes on the Mac, when I go to Store / Purchased or Account / Family Purchases, I can view and download music tracks and albums from any family member, but not movies. The movies tab is blank, both for myself and for family members. Sometimes randomly some movies would appear but the cloud icon (which should be on the top right corner and allow downloading) just isn't there, for any movie and any family member.

We also have iPhones, iPads, an Apple TV 4K, and movies behave as expected on those devices: when we go to family purchases, we can view or download any movies that either myself or family members have purchased, therefore everything appears to be set up correctly on our accounts and family sharing. The issue only occurs on the Mac with iTunes, for movies.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2.

iTunes 12.7.2.58.

Dec 15, 2017 12:44 PM in response to turingtest2

Already did all that. I am VERY tech savvy. System and all software fully updated by the way. I have FIVE Macs in the house - two are "mine" - the other three wife & kids. I have tried on both of mine (iMac and Retina Pro) - AND on both kids' Macs - in both cases signed into iTunes on their machines as them - same problem. Signing in / out / in and rebooting do nothing. There is nothing "hidden" .. I can see the movies in my purchased list in the store via iTunes, there simply is no "download" option and no "cloud" symbol either by the ones that are NOT downloaded to local machine. I have now been on the phone with Apple Support for 30 minutes ... they have kicked it up three seniority levels among their "iTunes experts" and still cannot figure it out.

Dec 15, 2017 1:19 PM in response to Bogs22

Yes, it would seem this build has some issues. I can see cloud items in my library. I can see my music purchases in iTunes Store > Purchased > Music, but Movies and TV Shows are blank listings, although TV shows does have a list of series that I've purchased. For movies I get a scroll bar on an otherwise blank page, so there is something there, but nothing I can activate. However if I locate a particular purchased movie or series by searching the store I do get download links there.

There are three potential places you can stream or download from, two of which are working here. Can you not get any of them to work? 😕

tt2

Dec 15, 2017 2:14 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for checking. Appears you have the same "issue" which makes my think it is an iTunes problem. Anyway, I was able to download all the movies I wanted using the "show all movies" menu bar setting in "library," then clicking the "cloud" by the ones I wanted ... Problem was a few movies were "purchased" by my daughter on "family share" (with my credit card of course) - these I could see via Purchased movies in Store and clicking her name - but could do nothing with them. I downloaded them on "her" computer - transferred files to my Mac over WiFi - put in iTunes and still had to get device approval as "her" to watch the movies due to DRM not working properly with family share. Very tedious and definitely a problem. I have done this in the past (downloaded movies to transport to Cottage which has very slow internet - we just stream at home) over a hundred times (I own > 350 movies via iTunes) without having to do any of this - big hassle.

New iTunes not letting me download previous purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.