Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to automatically purge duplicates in iTunes library

Not sure what happened, but my iTunes library on my computer has 3-7 of each song. Seems like in most if not all scenarios, one has the cloud with down arrow, then the others are clouds with a line over them which say error if you put your mouse over them.

I figured out how to have iTunes shows me all the duplicates, but it seems like i have to go one by one to pick the errors and delete, but that's a few thousand files. There has to be a quicker way to do this, right?

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 12:10 PM

9 replies

Dec 15, 2017 1:24 PM in response to rjo98

See About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support for more details on their meaning. If you're using iTunes Match or Apple Music the icons can indicate content that is excluded from the iCloud Music Library. One reason for exclusion is that a track is a duplicate of another. Ideally you want rid of all duplicates before enabling either service.

tt2

How to automatically purge duplicates in iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.