Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID -> if everything fails...

I like to share my Apple ID trouble after migrating to a new iPhone...

I'm using 2 different Apple ID's (one is my main iCloud ID and the other is an older Apple Store account) and they got terribly mixed up. When logging in with my Apple Store account on my iPhone, it would actually login with my main iCloud account.

[BTW When logging in online at appleid.apple.com everything was normal and I could login to both accounts.]

Because of the mixup I could not download most of my apps. Or I would have to log out of my iCloud account, login on iCloud with the Apple Store account etc etc, and then still it would refuse to redownload all paid apps.

THE SOLUTION!

I went to iforgot.apple.com and clicked the I forgot my Apple ID link. Filled in my name etc and behold: my main Apple ID of my Apple Store account was changed to a different address!!!

I can now login with that address and download everything... and the funny thing is that it shows the old address as my Apple ID... How strange is that?!

SOLVED!

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 2:52 PM

But I did have 2 ID’s. Working together nicely. Both logged in on my iPhone 6 for years. One used for iCloud, one used for App Store.

Just got in trouble when migrating to iPhone 8. Tried with iCloud restore and iMazing restore. Both times unable to authenticate Apple Store ID to install old apps.

So in the end checking Apple ID name was just briljant move! Somehow Apple got some other secondary (@me.com) address as main ID in that check. But when looking at appleid.apple.com it shows original address as main Apple ID. It also shows that original ID afyer logging in with the @me.com address!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 2:52 PM in response to zinacef

But I did have 2 ID’s. Working together nicely. Both logged in on my iPhone 6 for years. One used for iCloud, one used for App Store.

Just got in trouble when migrating to iPhone 8. Tried with iCloud restore and iMazing restore. Both times unable to authenticate Apple Store ID to install old apps.

So in the end checking Apple ID name was just briljant move! Somehow Apple got some other secondary (@me.com) address as main ID in that check. But when looking at appleid.apple.com it shows original address as main Apple ID. It also shows that original ID afyer logging in with the @me.com address!

Apple ID -> if everything fails...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.