Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to set up a new iphone but using a new apple ID how do i do this and keep all my settings and numbers that are on my old iphone

My phone and my wife's are both under the same Apple ID, we want to set up separate ones now she has a new iPhone. When I set the new iPhone up and new Apple ID how do I then retain the old iCloud email address and also transfer all my numbers too ? Hopefully someone can help or even call me if necessary!?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan UK 🇬-1F1E7;

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 1:32 PM

4 replies

Dec 15, 2017 1:39 PM in response to joneag

Hi

All apps photos ect are tied to the apple I'd they are downloaded with

When you have a new apple I'd You have to start again set iPhone up has a new iPhone over your wifi If you want any photos from your wife,s iPhone she can

Email them to you your iCloud address will be your name @icloud.com.

Later go to i books download ios 11 user guide &iPhone guide for your model of iPhone.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

Dec 15, 2017 2:05 PM in response to Briansyddall

Hi Brian

So if I set up my wife's new iPhone X with a brand new Apple ID can I use my wife's existing @icloud email address once I have signed her out of my Apple ID for her new Apple ID ?

Also, the only thing we want to transfer from her old 6s to the new X is her calendars, notes and contacts (phone numbers). Is this achievable?

Thanks

Jonat

i want to set up a new iphone but using a new apple ID how do i do this and keep all my settings and numbers that are on my old iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.