Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do titles in iMovie change from English to another language or symbols?

Why do the titles in iMovie change from English to another language or symbols?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 2:14 PM

7 replies

Dec 15, 2017 9:03 PM in response to gri782ELmn

If you are in iMovie 10.x.x try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys, and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears.

You also could try doing an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy of all the media in your project and then Edit/Paste it into a newly created project. See if the issue replicates there.

-- Rich

Dec 15, 2017 9:04 PM in response to Klaus1

Version 10.1.8, I was so frustrated between trying different methods of correcting, redoing the titles, having them appear corrected, then reverting to gibberish again that I shut down and left it. When I started back up, it was corrected. I'm sorry I didn't think to try that as my fix in the first place. Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

Dec 15, 2017 9:06 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

I was so frustrated between trying different methods of correcting, redoing the titles, having them appear corrected, then reverting to gibberish again that I shut down and left it. When I started back up, it was corrected. I'm guessing there was a corruption problem, perhaps from importing media? I'm sorry I didn't think to try that as my fix in the first place. Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

Why do titles in iMovie change from English to another language or symbols?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.