Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why doesn't voice memo work on my iPhone x

Why doesn't voice memo work on my iPhone x? Must have something to do with the mic because I don't get a reply from siri nor does google voice respond.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 2:25 PM

You can check this support document for troubleshooting your microphone. Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

For those apps to work, they must have access to your microphone.

11 replies

Jan 5, 2018 1:49 PM in response to ron fitz

I went to the Genius Bar three times, had the phone wiped cleaned, reinstalled software, and in all instances problem went away (for awhile). Not only was voice memo being affected but Google mic ceased to work. In addition, phone conversations went mute. I was able to hear but other party was not able to hear me. To shorten the story, I've had two phones replaced. I still get sporadic muting on the third phone but not as lengthy as before. Conclusion: The mic problem may have something to do when MFi hearing device is enabled but my limited tech savy and patience has stalled my research. Still can't figure out the muting problem.

Jan 5, 2018 4:20 PM in response to ats2714

Sorry for all your probs with the x phone! I'll just stay with my 7+, at least till Apple gets all the bugs worked out. I hold my breath every time I receive an iOS update because it was one of the updates in the fall that caused me to lose my keyboard microphone, so I couldn't dictate my texts! Don't want to lose that again!! I'm really disappointed in Apple in having all these problems with the iPhone! it was such a good and reliable phone in the earlier versions, or at least I didn't hear complaints about it like I do these days! Good luck with your muting problem! Gets old, doesn't it!

Jan 6, 2018 9:02 AM in response to jqdonna

I had the iPhone 6+ but it started to need frequent charging and was slowing down. In light of what Apple recently disclosed about updated iOS I should have stuck with the old. However, thought having the latest and greatest would be a good thing and didn't anticipate the problems. Hopefully, Apple will have all the bugs figured out in short order so the iPhone experience will once again be a good one.

Jan 6, 2018 9:28 AM in response to ats2714

Thanks for sharing that, ats2714! Well, I missed Apple's disclosure about updated iOS. What did it say? Maybe there is a newsletter I should be subscribing to so as to get these little gems from Apple?

My husband has the 6+ and has had no problems with this one, but we had to replace his first 6+ because the battery died, after only 7 months in use!! Didn't speak well for Apple's choice of battery, in my opinion.

why doesn't voice memo work on my iPhone x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.