Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch won’t turn on & overheat when charging

My Apple Watch 2 just stopped working, the other day it ran out of battery and beacuse I didn’t have the charger with me it stayed like 18 hours off. When I got home and wanted to charge it I foud out it was overheating, I disconnected from the charger and let it cool. When it cooled down I intended to charge it again but the only response from the watch was a black screen. I tried several chargers, rebooting it, force rebooting it but nothing worked. The only thing I have is a brick that starts to overheat the moment you place it on the charger

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 3:01 AM

Hi

Follow the instructions here, including contacting Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), making a Genius Bar reservation or visiting an Apple Authorised Service Provider if necessary:

Be sure to use only an Apple or MFi-certified USB power adapter or third-party accessory in conjunction with the Magnetic Charging Cable or Magnetic Charging Dock when charging your Apple Watch. If you are already doing so, try using another such cable and/or power adapter.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 3:01 AM in response to AgusLopezB

Hi

Follow the instructions here, including contacting Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), making a Genius Bar reservation or visiting an Apple Authorised Service Provider if necessary:

Be sure to use only an Apple or MFi-certified USB power adapter or third-party accessory in conjunction with the Magnetic Charging Cable or Magnetic Charging Dock when charging your Apple Watch. If you are already doing so, try using another such cable and/or power adapter.

Apple Watch won’t turn on & overheat when charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.