Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake Apple Security Pop Up Ads

In the last 2 weeks I’ve received several pop up ads claiming to be Apple Security that has found 6 viruses on my device and that ad pops up when ever I played Trivia Crack and I’ve let them know twice and stopped using that app. I’ve also been getting lots of those CONGRATULATIONS!! Pop up ads (It varies what company it claims to be from) and it’s never happened while on Facebook it’s when I’m using Google and doesn’t matter what website I’m on or if I’m doing a Google search. Ive always had Block pop ups ON in settings and I’ve cleared all my data & cookies which stopped it for a few days but now it’s happening again but not several times a day like it was before before. I use Safari with Google browser and it happens in both Private mode or normal mode. It’s freakibg me out a little because I thought Apple had great security and stuff like this wouldn’t happen so I’m not sure what’s going on or what to do?? Thanks in advance

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2, Safari & Google

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 1:03 PM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2017 2:37 PM in response to Garfila

Safari – Popup takes over

Safari – Popup takes over (2)

Popup remover – Scam Zapper

If the pop-up reloads, force quit Safari (command - option/alt - esc) and reopen with the shift key held down. If that doesn't work, disconnect from the Internet, go to Safari/History and delete the website. Quit and reopen with the shift key held down. Then reconnect to the Internet.

Dec 15, 2017 10:27 PM in response to Garfila

It might be due to adware or ad inside specific webpages.

Step1. Run my free tool to scan and remove adware: Adware Removal Pro for Mac

Step2. Install AdBlock extension to block ads inside web pages: https://getadblock.com/

<Disclaimer: this post contains links to my own website from which I may derive some form of compensation. My website does not contain 3rd party ads. This disclaimer is required by ASC Terms of Use whenever linking to one's own site or product.>

Fake Apple Security Pop Up Ads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.