Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Update Combo 10.13.2 fails

I have a MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) running 10.13 (build 17A405). The Apple store tells me that an update to 10.13.2 is available (the "Update Combo 10.13.2"). I have run "Update" twice, and the usual installation process seems to go as expected (restart, installation, etc.). However, the "About this Mac" information panel continues to show that I am running 10.13 (build 17A405) rather than 10.13.2 (build 17C89).

Does anyone have advice?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 2:56 PM

13 replies

Dec 16, 2017 12:38 PM in response to Gorpus

That'll do it. Non-Apple "antivirus" or "security" products are worthless.

All "F-Secure" did for you was to prevent you from installing a macOS update specifically designed to fix a glaring security hole that Apple overlooked. Not a good thing from a security perspective, and not surprising either.

Don't just disable it. Uninstall it. As such things go "F-Secure" is particularly odious. Beware that the uninstaller app for an older version of that product was ineffective, another characteristic of garbage. If you need help eradicating it from your Mac, write back and I'll see if I can help.

Dec 16, 2017 8:35 PM in response to Gorpus

Consider contacting its developer for support. At the time I evaluated the "F-Secure" product and concluded that its uninstaller was ineffective, I restored the affected Mac from a Time Machine backup created prior to installing it.

That does not mean it's impossible to eradicate it completely, I just was not interested in devoting the effort into doing it. I may find some time to investigate it the future, but I can't promise anything.

MacOS Update Combo 10.13.2 fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.