Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost all of the apps that came with my iPhone X were lost when I transferred the information from my old iPhone

I just got the new iPhone X and when I transferred the information from my iPhone 5s, by backing the 5 up in iTunes and then restoring the new phone from that back-up, I lost all the apps that came with the new phone. Is there a way to get those apps back and still keep all my texts and phone call log?

Thank you,

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 3:10 PM

chackett14 wrote:

... I lost all the apps that came with the new phone.

What apps would these be exactly?

If they're Apple-supplied apps, you should be able to recover them from the App Store.

If they were supplied by someone else, such as the vendor who sold you the iPhone, then they were very likely destroyed when you restored your iPhone backup.

Restoring a backup essentially erases the iPhone, and starts over using the backup that was restored.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 3:10 PM in response to chackett14

chackett14 wrote:

... I lost all the apps that came with the new phone.

What apps would these be exactly?

If they're Apple-supplied apps, you should be able to recover them from the App Store.

If they were supplied by someone else, such as the vendor who sold you the iPhone, then they were very likely destroyed when you restored your iPhone backup.

Restoring a backup essentially erases the iPhone, and starts over using the backup that was restored.

lost all of the apps that came with my iPhone X were lost when I transferred the information from my old iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.