Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using iphone 6s in mexico

My mother told me that she had Apple do something to her iphone at the Apple Store and she could use it in Mexico exactly like she does in the US, without paying anything extra. I cannot find anything about this searching online and wonder if she's confused. She has AT&T and I have Verizon, if that makes a difference. Any help is greatly appreciated. The plan with Verizon will cost us an additional $120 for our 11 week trip.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 2:42 PM

AT&T has a plan where you pay $10 a day for any day where you use voice, text or cellular data. The usage just comes off of your regular account, so the only limit is your account limit. I believe Verizon has a similar feature. However, $120 for an 11 week trip is really cheap and sounds like a better deal. Your trip will cost $thousands; $120 is nothing.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 2:42 PM in response to kswilli

AT&T has a plan where you pay $10 a day for any day where you use voice, text or cellular data. The usage just comes off of your regular account, so the only limit is your account limit. I believe Verizon has a similar feature. However, $120 for an 11 week trip is really cheap and sounds like a better deal. Your trip will cost $thousands; $120 is nothing.

Dec 16, 2017 7:15 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you for your response. Yes, Verizon has a plan that is $5/day, only charged on the days you use, but that could be a lot of days.... I guess you are right that an additional $120 in the scheme of things, for full use of our 2 phones, is not that bad. I just could not believe my mother was able to use her phone fully in Mexico without buying a plan.

Dec 16, 2017 7:21 AM in response to kswilli

As I mentioned earlier, there are many regular AT&T plans that allow the use of phones in Mexico for no additional charge. My son and his wife were on their honeymoon in Mexico earlier this year. They are both on my AT&T family plan, and both were able to use their phones while in Mexico for no additional costs. I would believe that your mother has one of those plans, which would explain why she did not have to do anything else to use her device.

Dec 16, 2017 9:40 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I'm trying to remember, but I believe if you had a certain family plan, sometime in the past they just added the access to the phone in Mexico at no additional cost, similar to the addition of HBO Now to one of the plans that did not have it. They are constantly adding and modifying things as far as many of their plans are concerned. I never know what Is going on. As long as they don't change the cost, and I can still make phone calls and access my data, I'm okay with it.

using iphone 6s in mexico

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.