Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can we please get the option to add at the very minimum, ONE other face to our faceID?

My 8 year old uses my phone all the time for things. On my iPhone 6 and 7 it was no big deal as his fingerprints were saved and it always opened right up for him. I just upgraded to the iPhone X expecting to be able to add more faces, and I am really surprised that you are limiting it to a single face.

I know there is still the 4-digit PIN he can enter, but sometimes we are in public places and I don't want to be telling everyone my pin (that I use for more than just my phone) when he asks. Or there could be an emergency where he needs to call someone or get into my phone for some reason and can't remember my pin.

Though I don't want to put too much emphasis on those reasons, because honestly this is more so just an ease of use type of thing. I am still amazed about this. Seems like one step forward with this new FaceID mechanic, and two steps back with the one-person limit in my opinion.

Thanks,

Chris

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 9:15 AM

You can leave feedback for Apple at:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

1 reply

Can we please get the option to add at the very minimum, ONE other face to our faceID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.