Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app: erratic sunlight hours during winter in arctic cities

Hi all,

In weather app, how is it possible that in this period (mid december) artic locations have sunset at midnight and sunrise at 01:00 am in the night? 23 hours of light per day in December? This should happen in mid June! Now it should be the opposite, i.e. zero hours of sunlight per day!

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 2:10 PM

3 replies

Dec 15, 2017 2:43 PM in response to askbarnabas

Yes I have tried but nothing changes.

I am based in Venice (Italia) and when I take a look on the weather and daylight duration in other places, all the timing are correct.

For example in Reykjavik, Iceland, the sunlight duration in these days is about 4 hours per day, that's correct.

But if I look for locations well above the arctic circle (for example Svalbard Islands) where in this period the sunlight is ZERO hours per days (continuous night) the values displayed from iPhone weather app are completely erratic, generally showing 22 or 23 hours of light!

Weather app: erratic sunlight hours during winter in arctic cities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.