Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you move photo to newsletter template in Pages?

I have tried to drag from photos to my Pages Newsletter template but it just swoops back to photos and I can't keep it in the newsletter....help?

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 9:47 AM

Hi k'

I can confirm that Pages 4.3 on my machine, running El Capitan (OS X 10.11.6), Photos Library is greyed when attempting to Insert a photo, while .jpg images outside Photos are available and may be inserted (or dragged and dropped) into the pages document.

I suspect this is due to Pages 4.3 being a release from before Photos replaced iPhoto, and Pages 4.3 not being updated to recognize the Photos library as a source for photos.

OTOH, Photos in the Photos Library can be selected and inserted into Pages 5 (and, I suspect, Pages 6) documents…

User uploaded file

…Selected and Copied from there, and Pasted into a Pages 4.3 document:

User uploaded file

Not perfect, but a useable workaround if all your photos are stroed in Photos.

Regards,

Barry

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 9:47 AM in response to kstop57

Hi k'

I can confirm that Pages 4.3 on my machine, running El Capitan (OS X 10.11.6), Photos Library is greyed when attempting to Insert a photo, while .jpg images outside Photos are available and may be inserted (or dragged and dropped) into the pages document.

I suspect this is due to Pages 4.3 being a release from before Photos replaced iPhoto, and Pages 4.3 not being updated to recognize the Photos library as a source for photos.

OTOH, Photos in the Photos Library can be selected and inserted into Pages 5 (and, I suspect, Pages 6) documents…

User uploaded file

…Selected and Copied from there, and Pasted into a Pages 4.3 document:

User uploaded file

Not perfect, but a useable workaround if all your photos are stroed in Photos.

Regards,

Barry

Dec 15, 2017 2:22 PM in response to kstop57

I can drag and drop photos from Photos directly into Pages 6.3.1.

Other ways:

In Pages click on the Media button on the Toolbar then browse through Photos for your photo.

or

Export or drag out your photo from Photos to Finder and then drag that into Pages.

or

Drag you photo from Photos into a Placeholder in Pages.

or

Pages > Menu > Insert > Choose... > browse to your photo on your hard drive

Peter

Dec 15, 2017 6:10 PM in response to kstop57

You haven't told us enough to work it out. We still do not know what version of Pages you are talking about.

My guess is that your Photos collection is inaccessible, possibly in iCloud, and for some reason you do not have access to iCloud.

But all of that is besides the point that you have not tried any of the multiple methods I mentioned to bring in images, because if they work for other images, then you need to concentrate on Photos and not Pages.

Peter

Dec 15, 2017 9:09 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

I agree. I just checked my version of pages. 4.3. Might be older? 09?

I have a feeling that my photos are not agreeing with pages. I am able to access photos in other Aps from the cloud and I am very green with pages so think this is just a setting that would let me see my photos when I open the Media tab to get them. Probably just a switch to turn on but I don’t know where. Thanks for any help!

Dec 16, 2017 9:50 AM in response to Barry

You’re probably right Barry. I tried using pages on iCloud last night and I was able to manipulate a photo to that newsletter template so that’s an option. It will just need to work somehow with work I have already done. I am running Sierra too so it may be yet another issue. Thanks for the info!

Kevin

How do you move photo to newsletter template in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.