Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location sharing

How Can I find out if my son has manipulated his location that he shares with me and it’s not where he’s at? Thanks in advance

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 2:23 PM

The only way for him to intentionally 'manipulate' his location is to take his phone somewhere else... Depending on the circumstances, the location may not be reported correctly 100% of the time due to the nature of cell tower triangulation and the inevitable errors in the WiFi location databases, but there is no way for him to tell his phone to report his location as somewhere other than where the phone is physically located.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 2:23 PM in response to N_Alrai

The only way for him to intentionally 'manipulate' his location is to take his phone somewhere else... Depending on the circumstances, the location may not be reported correctly 100% of the time due to the nature of cell tower triangulation and the inevitable errors in the WiFi location databases, but there is no way for him to tell his phone to report his location as somewhere other than where the phone is physically located.

Location sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.