Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes synced contacts not visible on macOS

I sync my contacts on my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook using iTunes via a cable. Contacts on the IOS devices works great (via the Mac), but the contacts cannot be seen on the MacOS contacts. The MacOS Contacts app only shows the “On My Mac” contacts in the navigation bar (no iCloud or iTunes group), but I know the iTunes-synced contacts are on the Mac because it’s the only way contacts are getting from the iPhone to the iMac (and visa-versa). New contacts created on the Mac aren’t getting to the IOS devices, but that’s likely due to the contacts going into the “On My Mac” group (there’s no other place I can put them).

Although I sync my calendar and notes via iCloud (works fine), I prefer to not put my contacts on any cloud (privacy).

I had several online chats with Apple, and just got back from the “Genius Bar” at my local Apple store, nobody could find a solution.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), iTunes 12.7.1.14

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 3:11 PM

1 reply

Dec 16, 2017 3:36 PM in response to rckingsley

An update to my earlier post. I decided to create a new profile on my Mac, log onto that profile (using my AppleID), then sync my iPad to my Mac via iTunes (using a cable). All my iPad contacts were visible under the heading "All Contacts". There was no group in the Contacts navigation bar titled "On My Mac".

However, when I signed out of my new profile and went back to my original profile, my Contacts navigation has the grouping "On My Mac", and the "All Contacts" group was a subset of the "On My Mac".

If there is a way that I can get "All Contacts" outside of "On My Mac", or if there is a way to truly view all my contacts, I would greatly appreciate it if someone would let me know.

Thanks.

iTunes synced contacts not visible on macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.