Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music on iPhone not syncing with Apple music on computer.

I have one apple music subscription for both my iPhone and computer. On my computer i can download songs to my library, but it doesn't translate to my iPhone's library. If I want to download a song while listening on my iPhone I push the add to library button and it doesn't add to library, and also won't download song. I just get the red ring of death. Solutions?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2, null

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 3:57 PM

1 reply

Dec 16, 2017 5:23 PM in response to beni219

Hi beni219,

I understand that you're able to add and play songs from the Apple Music library on your computer, but this isn't working correctly on your iPhone. I know it's important to have this content accessible on all of your various devices; I'd be glad to assist.

First, make sure that you have iCloud Music Library enabled on your iPhone. You can check for this in Settings > Music, then tap iCloud Music Library to turn it on. If it was already turned on, but you're still not able to see your iCloud Music Library content, follow these steps:

If you can’t see iCloud Music Library on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

First, restart your iOS device.

If you still can't see it after the restart:

1. Turn off iCloud Music Library and then turn it back on.
  2. Sign out of the iTunes Store and then sign back in.

Get help with iCloud Music Library - Apple Support

You also mention that you're unable to download a song and you see a "red ring of death". Can you elaborate on any error messages you see when this happens?

Take care.

Apple music on iPhone not syncing with Apple music on computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.